Saturday, August 11, 2012

{Post 1,033} Northern Comfort Finished, Bricks Started in Earnest


This AM I got up bright and early.  Hubby and I had a "project" that was going to take most of the day.  He got up not feeling 100% and went back to bed.  Whilst I waited for him to get up, I put the inner and outer borders on this quilt, Northern Comfort.  It is in Scrap Bag Sensations by Kim Brackett.  I added another row on the top and bottom in addition to what is shown in the book.  I have measurements, but I left them downstairs!



I am selling a kit of this pattern to my friend A, in Australia.  Here is a close-up of the inner and outer border prints for her.  A brightish green tone-on-tone for the inner and a tiny flowers on a black background for the outer:


I also put some time into a Bricks in the Barnyard for a friend from church.  He picked out the pattern.  As I look at the small stack of squares and rectangles, it is hard to imagine that they comprise a whole large quilt top.  But indeed they do.  I have some more rectangles to cut out for the braid border, but that comes last anyway.  I'll piece the center blocks and use the border for a leader/ender in the meantime.  

I used the same pattern to make a baby quilt for my daughter's sister-in-law.  Just used fewer blocks.  Here is the baby quilt, then the piles and box of pieces.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very smart, Joan.
'hope DH is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Ooops. I don't think I signed the previous.

Hugs. Audrey

Anonymous said...

Your book appears to be open at the Quiltville Barnyard. I prefer your plain light blocks to the one shown in the book and on the www. As usual, beautifully "crisp".
Hugs. Audrey