Saturday, July 14, 2012

{Post 1,007} Grandmother's Flower Garden Sorta Finished

My Grandmother's Flower Garden wall hanging...finished?  Sorta--meaning the hand piecing is finished.  This was nearly finished for so long.  Don't know why it got put on the back burner so to speak.  I hope to get the borders sewn on this AM.  I think I will do a couple.  Maybe a thin one then a wider?  Hmmm...




This Thimbleberries green is one of my favorite greens.  Off to audition borders, then on to the basting and hand quilting.  


We are taking a l-o-n-g car trip next weekend, so it will be nice to have something to be hand quilting on the journey.  More incentive to get this bordered and basted, yes??


~Joan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know colors sometimes lie over the internet, but I would just love to see a red or rasberry/red as an inner border! Love it!

Ruth said...

Very pretty! You put me to shame. I have a GMFG lap quilt size that I need to find borders for. I had picked something out of my stash, but later it just didn't look right, so now I don't know what to do. It is languishing in my closet!

Leeanne said...

This is going to be great! I hope someone will be driving while you are hand quilting!