Thursday, June 14, 2012

{Post #988} Scrappy Bargello Top Finished



This is a big one!  I think it's about 85" x 94".  Truly large.

I like the way the borders turned out.  I had enough of my two favorite shirts to make 2 sides from one and 2 sides from the other.  The second shirt had a smallish chunk off one corner to lack making the whole side, so I just pieced another chunk onto it, ironed it over, and cut it square.  Since the sleeves and shirt bottoms and other places on the shirt have curved edges, there are lots of strings and odd-shaped pieces to work with.  As they are squared up, there are even MORE strings and odd-shaped pieces.  




Here is a close-up of the border that needed one tiny piece to make it complete.  See the brown thread seam?  For reference, the blue and white striped block in the background is 2" square!  Finally figured out how to use the macro setting on my camera.


We went from having 16 here for nearly a week down to having 3 :)  ~  (think what you will...)

I have an eye doc appointment in 45 minutes.  They are notoriously late and slow, so I will have some time to read or whatever in the waiting period.  When I get back, I have a few chores to do, then I'm going to piece the back for this and start the quilting.  I am going to use navy blue thread and do dwirling a la Pajama Quilter.

~Joan 


1 comment:

Me and My Stitches said...

Only 3 people in the house!?!?!?! Holy cow...you probably don't know how to act!