Friday, April 27, 2012

{Post #960} Rectangle Wrangle Goes Brown


Here are 4 Rectangle Wrangle blocks.  I decided to give brown a whirl instead of black for the consistent color.  I was going to wait until I could buy some solid brown, but that might be a couple weeks.  I gave this Thimbleberries brown (that I had in my stash) a try.  I think I like it.  I am using brown because my bedroom walls are brown, and this just might live in my room eventually.




This section is 12" wide by 24" long.  


Last night I spent a bit of time cutting up plaids into strips for this quilt.  I also bought 4 more shirts yesterday.  They were $1 each.  More shirt deboning (as Bonnie calls it) in my future this afternoon.


Now off to cook lunch and make a big mess!


~Joan

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Ohhh...Nice!! You are making it hard to hold off starting a new project!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I ran across your blog today for the first time. I am working on that same quilt, the Rectangle Wrangle. I don't have the book, so my blocks are 18 x 24. I'll be sure and return to watch your progress. Thanks for sharing.
cindy