Thursday, October 13, 2011

{Post #829} Layout Complete!



Here is the layout for my hexagon quilt.  I printed a sheet of hexagon paper off the internet (wonderful thing, that internet) and mapped out my quilt.  This allowed me to see how many more blossoms I still need to cut out, and what colors.  Notice the arrows in the last row between the purple and the cream flowers?  I am going to swap their placement. 

It occurred to me that it might be easier to stitch a whole row of hexagons together, then attach the whole shootin' match to the completed part.  I'm going to give it a whirl and will report back on if it's easier or not.  I think if I were making a bed-sized quilt, I'd rather just stitch a bunch of blossoms and then decide where to put them.  Since I laid out all the colors, however, and this is a small project, I am going to try it.

A future home for this has also been decided.  It will go in my bathroom where my barn raising log cabin quilt hangs now.  Just a little change. 

I shopped for a few unique items (to me anyhow) at a grocery store I rarely shop at this AM on the way back from the Y.  Mission accomplished, but I also picked up a magazine and found 3 items I want to make in it.  Coasters and trivets crocheted from 1/2" wide fabric strips (I may never throw away a thread of fabric again!!), a snowman wall hanging that is so ca-yute, and a tic tac toe tote, gameboard, and pieces, all sewn from cast-off denim jeans.  No wonder I am never bored with sewing/quilting/crafting!!

~Joan

No comments: