Thursday, September 22, 2011

{Post #810} Washing Dishes


Another BIG benefit to being vegan?  The dishes are a snap to clean up.  Most meal prep only involves peeling and cutting veggies or opening cans.  The baked-on cheese and grease from meats and cheesy meals is no more.  Scour?  What is that?  Grease on drinking glasses?  From what? 

We had a scrumptious lunch today...but the name is funny.  Potato Vegetable Medley.  As if a potato is not a vegetable.  Anyway, I found it in one of my REGULAR cook books.  I used to be a sucker for those little Taste of Home specialty recipe books at the checkout for different occasions.  This one happened to be an Easter one.  The dish was small red potatoes, quartered, baby carrots, and an onion cut into wedges.  Bake those in a covered casserole dish with 1/2 cup of veggie broth and a tsp. of seasoned salt for 30 minutes, then add 2 diced zucchini and bake another 10-15 minutes.  We had steamed broccoli as a side.  Scrumptiousness!!  The only substitution I had to make was that it called for chicken broth.

My son, Ben, also helped me download some apps to my Acer Iconium Tablet today.  So now I have a notepad and can use my camera on there.  Yay, Ben!!  I made a list of all of my quilting UFOs (guess how many there are?).  I am including quilt tops that are not quilted because some are large and will be given as gifts when the time is right.  I make scrap quilts as I have scraps and time, and not all of them have intended homes from the get-go.  I'll post the number and breakdown of the list tomorrow. 

~Joan

1 comment:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Does this mean you're giving your grill to the church rummage sale? Of course, you can always do yummy veggies and shrimp as shiskabobs. Or are you not allowed seafood?