Monday, July 11, 2011

House Improvements

We had some home improvements done while I was in FL.  They actually started the day before I left.  A cement sidewalk from our front steps towards the street, a sidewalk parallel to the house, steps down to the garage, and a new slab in front of the garage (goodbye wet garage every time it rains!).  I wish I had taken some pictures before they ripped out the old stuff.  It was truly hideous.  I appreciate my husband working soooo hard to provide this improvement.  The former parallel walk and steps were railroad tie-lined white pebbles [insert heavy sigh because of hideousness].  These pics are for my family that is far away to see...


Walk parallel to house front...




The formerly life-threatening steps going down to garage and new retaining wall...





We need to do a little landscaping now to fill in the spaces left, but it looks fantastic!!

One more post today, about my quilt progress.  Breaking them up so one won't be so long.

~Joan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Elaine Adair said...

Oh, I'm sure these wonderful improvements give you a lift, don't they? GREAT improvements. 8-)