Friday, June 10, 2011

Necessity is the Mother of Invention

Last night, just as I was ready to bake the home made crescent rolls I had mixed up, our power went off.  Bummer!  What to do?

Well, necessity is the mother of invention.  I baked them in our gas grill.  Yes, I did.  They were scrumptious.  And if you sniffed really deeply, they smelled like grilled hamburgers.  True story.


I have kept 3 oil lamps on the shelf in our foyer since we have lived in this house.  They are always ready to be used in case of power outage.  I am sorry to say that it happens often after a rainstorm.  That's one on the right in the picture above (from last night).

Anyway...the rolls turned out great.  We had two pans.  A couple burned on the first pan, but I just cut off that layer.

~Joan 

No comments: