Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Feeling Fuzzy

The last week or so, I've been piecing these flannel blocks...I'd make a set of 3 fabrics each night. The pattern is called Fat Quarter Squares. There were 21 fat quarters in the kit, each one making 3 blocks that finish 9-1/2" square. I have not sewn with flannel for some time, and it was...was...different. The flannel swallows up any stitches. I'm thankful I didn't have to rip any out. Don't think that would have gone very well. The finished quilt is 63" x 81"

I am bartering yardage of fabric in exchange for machine quilting service by a friend. I don't think I could wrestle this in all it's fuzzy puffiness under my domestic machine. Notice how if you twist each block the opposite way, the only seams that need to meet are the corners of the blocks?

Here is a look a little farther out. Pretty colors. Most are Thimbleberries. I bought this as a kit so long ago that I don't even remember if I lived in this house at the time.

And even farther back. My camera was left in GA two weekends ago. I just found out that it was mailed yesterday. So I snagged my son's to take the pictures.


I will sew the blocks to each other soon. Stay tuned...
~Joan

5 comments:

Mary Lou Casada said...

That's gonna be a fabulous cuddler!! We've got a flannel-backed quilt that we roll up in; it's pretty much the family favorite! It's wonderful! The flannel really is worth the extra effort for its warmth and snuggle-value! :-D
And of course, I'm lovin' the Thimbleberries! LOL!
Blessings,
Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

I love working with flannel because it's so nice and soft! But it is painful to pick stitches out of!! :-(

Your quilt is coming along nicely. I love how all those colors go together :-)

~ Meagan

momtofatdogs said...

I love that!

Sam

Anonymous said...

"Feeling Fuzzy" ?
I thought for a moment it was your head!!
So glad it's just your warm and snuggly fabric!!
Audrey

julieQ said...

Won't that be so warm for the winter! Love it! I think that is a great barter...too much fuzz indeed!