Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Quilt Show Pic #4

No pattern available for this one, but it would be easy to duplicate. Little sawtooth squares with a diagonal row of squares for the alternate block. All the cream background is the same (so that would mean starting fresh for me since my pre-pieced units have all scrappy backgrounds). Isn't this GREAT?? It was in a booth. Love the simplicity and flow of it.

This was a raffle quilt. Wouldn't you know I did not have one dollar on me? All I took in was my credit card.

I am thinking this will be my next swap quilt. My last two swaps were soooo much fun. I will swap stars with ladies and make my own alternate blocks. Even as I type this, I am wondering how vital it would be to have the same background fabric?? Hmmm...

Got in the water at the Y at 6:10 this AM. Joined an informal class that nearly killed me. Much more vigorous than the deep water aerobics (that I used to think was hard!).

~Joan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I love this quilt!

Ruth said...

How big are the sawtooth stars that you want to make? As far as the background fabric, I don't think it needs to all be the same as long as it is all light fabrics, such as off white, ivory, light beige. Of course, having it all the same would be very nice. I love sawtooth stars but don't think I would be able to take on that project right now.