Friday, March 19, 2010

Piecing Completely Finished


The piecing is completely finished! The waving that appears on the border farthest away is an illusion...it's on top of my living room rug, and I didn't smooth it down completely. This measures 67" x 79". I am about to go piece the backing and iron the binding (which is cut already). I pushed this through so I could take it on our long-awaited vacation starting Monday morning. I need support (or therapy!), but I couldn't imagine having so many hours of driving time and evening time in the hotel w/o a hand-sewing project. Are any of you like that?

Gotta go piece that backing! Susanna said she'd baste it for me once I get it ready!!

~Joan

11 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Simply lovely!

Ruth said...

Yes! I have to have hand work to take on trips (and to do while watching TV)! Have a great vacation!

momtofatdogs said...

Oh Joan! that is SO beautiful. It is stunning.

Sam

Lindah said...

Your apple core is so lovely, Joan. It really inspires me. I bought the template months ago, but have not had the time to get going on it --But soon I will. I'm ready to pull fabric!

Valentina said...

Congratulations! What an amazing quilt!
Oh, are you kidding? I need to pack my project(s)!!! before anything else gets put into my overnight bag!
Even if I leave the house for a few house, I NEED to take something with me...
:) Have fun!
Valentina

Debbie said...

That is beautiful! I made an apple core quilt last year. I pieced it by machine and cursed most of the way! I would NEVER do that again for that pattern!

sarah, rsm said...

Sooooo nice! I love the simplicity of this quilt.

Karen said...

Your Seeds of Kindness looks wonderful!! I am happy to see that you didn't take the border back off :0) (Are you still thinking about adding the ric rac?)
Have a great vacation!! I almost always have a "take along" hand project of some sort with me, if I can, when we are traveling!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It's beautiful. An apple core quilt is on my long list of quilts to make. I have a template, but oh those curves!

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

I love your choice for the border. I am quilting a little apple core quilt right now but didn't add any border at all...maybe I'll have to do a second one!

Rose Marie said...

This is simply stunning .... I just love the border and the way the center seems to be floating, love it!

I always have something to take with me on road trips. If my hands aren't busy, I'm eating, so handwork helps to control my diet (that's a good excuse, eh?)