Thursday, January 28, 2010

Another Quilt Top Bites The Dust


Emily pin-basted this quilt for me last week. Much to my surprise, I machine-quilted it in about 3 nights of spare time. I did a simple diagonal line of stitching in both directions. The stitching runs through the center of the cream stars. This is such a busy quilt that I thought it best to go simple on the quilting. If you click on the picture, it should enlarge. Even in the enlargement, you can barely see the stitching lines.

I used up scraps of different leftover bindings to bind it--didn't have to cut and press one inch of new binding. Glad those are out of my scrap drawer and onto one of my quilts. This is a beautiful and very easy quilt to piece...excellent for a beginner.

Here
are some pictures of the quilt top in progress if you're interested...

~Joan

No comments: