Saturday, July 4, 2009

"Solomon in all his glory...

...was not arrayed like one of these." Luke 12:27. God's beauty is all around us--and so breathtaking in its color and simplicity. I weeded out a flower garden down by our garage a couple days ago. That is where these lilies live. Just about every time I see a lily (we have some in several places on our property), I think of the above verse. It is a quote of something Jesus said while here on earth..."Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." For those who do now know, Solomon was the wisest and richest king in Bible times. He was King David's son.

~Joan

1 comment:

momtofatdogs said...

These are beautiful! Have you seen the purple Day Lilies? I found some bulbs, but they are too high priced. DD#2 found some at a flea market but didn't think she could keep them alive long enough to bring them to TN. I'll have purple ones, one day!

Sam in Middle TN