Sunday, July 19, 2009

Roasted Chicken Slow-Cooker Style

My camera battery is not cooperating again! A post without a picture is not very interesting, I know.

Here is the recipe for the chicken in my last post. Do not be put off by its simplicity...this is a real winner.

Roasted Chicken Slow-Cooker Style

1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil

Remove as much fat and skin from chicken as possible. Rinse and drain. Mix all seasonings with olive oil to make a paste. Spread a little inside chicken. Place chicken on a rack* in crock pot, breast side up, spread with the remainder of the seasoning. Cover and cook on high 4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. Cut into pieces and serve. Serves 4.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Above is the original recipe. We made two, and it was enough for two complete meals (tastes wonderful reheated...such moist meat!). I didn't have a rack for my slow cooker, so I set each whole chicken on a canning jar ring to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the cooker. It was so tender when I took it out that it just fell off the bone.

Try it tonight. That's an order.

~Joan

1 comment:

Ruth said...

That looks interesting! I never heard of doing a chicken that way and will try it - not tonight, though!