Monday, September 29, 2008

Fall Decorations, Take 9.1...The High Chair

Sam, one of my readers, was very observant about my last post. Under the pilgrims is an old high chair. In the picture, it is serving as my spider plant holder. The funny thing about the high chair is that during the lives of my 8 children, it was NEVER used.

It belonged to my neighbor growing up (hi, Nancy!). Her oldest son, who is about 10 years older than me, was her first to use it. She gave it to my dad to refinish for me. We never had room for it in our other 2 houses. Now I keep it in the kitchen for company with very small children. In the meantime, it does make a pretty plant stand.

We never had room in our kitchens for something so big. We just used one of the clip-on high chairs. Worked like a charm.

~Joan

1 comment:

momtofatdogs said...

You're so funny!
I still have Ryan's high chair. (she is 22 now...) In our dining room. We have lived here since June & have not used the dining room ONCE. And I dont' think the high-chair has been used in longer than 5 years. I think my nephew was the last "baby" to use it & he's 7 now!

Sam in Middle TN