Thursday, September 18, 2008

Define "Huge"


I know that in clarifying I'll only make things worse, but for the life of me, I can't help trying.

I've had several replies to my last post in which I described myself as "huge". I remember years ago when a friend was complaining to me that none of her clothes fit...she was in her own words, "Huge!" What she meant was that after the birth of her 5th child, she could no longer immediately wear her pre-pregnancy clothing, and that troubled her. She was not longer a size 6, but now was a "huge" 8. Wow, did I feel bad for her...NOT! I didn't even know clothes came in size 8, let alone 6!!

So when I said *I* was "huge", I did not mean to offend anyone of any size. I just know that I have let my weight and therefore my health get out of hand (and definitely out of size 8!!). I want to lose weight to improve my health and increase my energy level. I did not intend to imply that others should do this or I am down on myself or being negative.

Only those who have been overweight and managed to lose and maintain a lower weight know how truly difficult that can be. I know it's very hard for me and I want to quit trying every day. It's only by God's grace that I don't. I want to be healthier.

Clear as mud, right?

~Joan

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I give you credit for doing it! I should be. I've done it before and sworn that I wouldn't let myself gain weight again, but here I am not fitting into a lot of my clothes. It is so frusrating! But then I think...I'm a grandma and I'm healthy, so I can't make myself. I do try to walk at least 3-4 times per week and I think one day I will get to the point that I will be motivated again. Hope so.