Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

The above quilt is called "Glory". It sums up our Good Friday. I leave this up all year. In the past, I think I've made 5 of these as gifts. Last year I finally made one for us. It's a watercolor quilt. I had intentions of making some to sell this year, but Easter sneaked up on me. I quilted it so that it looks like rays are coming out of the center cross. One of my favorite quilts. I know I say that about a lot of them, but this one REALLY IS. It's the reason for Easter.

And, as promised, here is a picture of our cross with the black sashing. Can hardly wait to put the royal purple one on there on Sunday morning.

I did some sewing this morning. Finished a patriotic wall hanging from the same pattern as the one in my foyer. Remember how much I like "welcome" around my house? This one whispers it. I like the light letters on the slightly darker background. To be on an eBay near you shortly. It is called True Blue Welcome.

Until later...

~Joan

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Your Glory quilt is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing a picture!

Lindah said...

I have never seen a quilt like your Glory quilt. It is stunning. So beautiful! Wow! It moved me to tears. --but not tears of sadness! Thank you for sharing it. Makes a wonderful heading, too.

SandyQuilts said...

Love your Glory Quilt ... where can I find the pattern?