Monday, December 10, 2007

Month by Month Quilt




This is the quilty thing I've been doing this afternoon. It was after 3:30 when I got home from running my morning errands. Yes, MORNING errands. We do have a huge family, but the vittles don't seem to last as long as they used to. Two grocery stores, bank, post office, dry cleaners, piano lesson, etc., etc., and there goes most of the day.

The pictures above are a quilt my friend, Misty, pieced when she lived here. Her family moved back to Colorado this past summer. They are coming Wednesday to visit and stay with us until Xmas Eve! So I figured it was time to get a-quiltin' on this baby. She's going to sew on the binding while they are here and finish it. The second picture is a close up. It's nearly 2/3 finished, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. I needed to take a break for my back's sake.

Thanks to all who are leaving such nice comments. Below (at least that's where I'm hoping to get it) is my own month by month quilt, which, no doubt, inspired Misty to make one of her own. Well, stink! I can't figure out how to do this, but the picture will be SOMEwhere! LOL! I'm getting this blogging stuff, but my brain is so full of other things.

~Joan

PS: I see that the picture is ABOVE this post. Well, of course! I'll get it some day.

No comments: