Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Scrappy Trips Top Finished



This is an all-over picture and close-up of my Scrappy Trips quilt top. It measures about 72" square. I am going to quilt it in black thread, hopefully starting on it tomorrow. I put a 9-patch in the corner instead of taking the border fabric all the way to the edge. I used up every bit of the strips I had cut, so I cut 36 more 2-1/2" squares for the corner blocks.

I rewatched part of the Pajama Quilter Reloaded DVD, and I want to do some freehand floral echo quilting on this quilt. I'll try to get a close-up of the quilting if I can.

The colors in the picture are not true on MY monitor. It was taken in the sewing area under fluorescent lights. This was made with all Thimbleberries (surprise, surprise), so the colors are dark. I did throw a few lighter ones in just to give it some sparkle.

Off to church tonight in about 30 minutes. We are keeping 2 of my Canadian friends' girls for a couple days. They are going to try to induce her labor tomorrow AM. Be praying all goes well for her. Not much sewing time for the next few days, but I think I've gotten my share's worth today and yesterday!

Can you believe I'm already thinking about the next piecing project? Of course you can!!

~Joan, who is going to tackle a UFO next...a flannel one

6 comments:

MARCIE said...

Your Scrappy Trips is great! I made several of those blocks over Christmas and need to get back to them. They are so fun and fast! You are a whirlwind!

Rose Marie said...

What a gorgeous top and it will be more so once all quilted up! Love your fabrics and their placement.

Marilyn Robertson said...

What a beautiful quilt top! You pieced it so quickly - way to go!

jeanette said...

It looks great!
...and by the way, I was wondering...
...does your days have more hours than mine? :)))
It seems like everytime I check your blog you show a pic of a new quilt...
And they are all gorgeous.
I like your colors!

canquilt said...

Beautiful, I love the fabrics.

Sherry said...

Ooohhh. . . how pretty!! I have a Scrappy Trips in my UFO pile. . .I don't think it will turn out as nicely as yours (I have some pretty wild fabric in there!) but now I want to get that one done so I can put it on my blog.

It is beautiful!