The quilt top is basted and ready for hand quilting, and I went ahead and made then sewed the binding to the front. The bright yellow thread is the basting.
I made my daughter a Kindle case. I shall take pictures later. I actually made two. The first one was about 1/2" too narrow. She requested a pocket on the back for the charger cord. After I made the too-small one (not too small on purpose) we realized it would not be a good idea to have the charger stored with the Kindle, because it would be easy to crack the screen with a sharp-cornered smaller object being stacked up with it like that.
So when I made the new, larger one (same fabrics), I made a flat pocket for the back for her to put a credit card, license, etc. in if she wanted to. It turned out very nicely.
I also sewed the vertical seams on these blocks: