Here's Rachel's room. I got the paint mixed early this AM at Lowe's. I cut in and rolled the first wall. It looked great.
When I added paint to my roller tray and paint cup, it looked like a different color...pinker than the grape popsicle color I used earlier. Hmmm...was it just my imagination? Unfortunately, no. I did the second wall.
When I got to the third, I had to add more to the paint cup but not the roller tray. Now there was a definite difference. I was very discouraged as I had been painting for 5 hours already. So I went to Lowe's and had them mix up a quart of grape popsicle and add it to what I had left in the gallon container and mix that. I did the fourth wall (the one with the air conditioning ducts on it if you know the room). That one has lots of cutting in. I painted the whole small walls around the ducts with a brush. Arm yelling ouch!
I will repaint the whole wall with the different color cutting in and walls on Monday. Right now my arms and neck are aching. I just can't stop when I'm doing a huge job. I should have. I'm eager for Rachel to set the room to rights. It looks like several natural disasters happened in there. See the pics for evidence.
The first one is just the primer color so you can see the difference the paint makes (the paint looks a lot darker in person):
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Thursday, February 7, 2013
I have a number of items I gleaned from my sewing room up for sale on Etsy (if I made it) and eBay right now.
Here are the links if you want to buy them:
The above one is for this lovely stained glass 8" square quilt block:
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Another one of my chicks flew the nest earlier this week. I wish her well. Things are really a-changin' around these parts.
I'm sure many of you have heart failure just thinking about having 8 children at home at the same time. That was my everyday life for years and years and years. Now I have 3 sons and 1 daughter.
As the rooms changed hands so to speak, it ends up that my poor, lonely, left-behind daughter gets a huge bedroom.
Her sister who just left did the cutting in on the new paint job (thank you!). Today I painted all the grooves (it was paneled ages ago) and rolled the primer on. I had Kilz tinted. It wasn't the color of the chip we agreed on, but it was pretty close. Rachel decided she liked the color of the primer better than the sample of paint we picked, so I'll take the paint stirrer in to have wall paint matched to it soon. I am kinda sore. A sign of my advanced age.
Here are some before and after shots. I can hardly wait to help her get everything back in a semblance of order.
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
One of my new friends, Janet at Rogue Quilter, showed her little blocks (and I do mean little--they finish at 4" squares...check out all the little pieces!) made from orphans and scraps. I liked hers so much that I went ahead and made one. Now I need to quilt and bind it.
Here is a picture. Notice the comparison in size to my rotary cutter.