I have had this quilt top and backing since August 2013. Couldn't let quite a year go by without starting it. So much has happened to keep me from getting to it. But here it is.
The top picture was taken so I could remember how I quilted the corners. I made up a swirl in the center with an 8-point flower coming off of it. The border is done in a large feather. I am trying something new. Quilting all the way down the quilt, then reloading it sideways so I can stitch what are now the side borders horizontally. That way I won't be advancing the quilt over and over and having to break thread and start over. Cross your fingers for me.
I have had the thread break over and over. It is so frustrating and takes the joy out of an otherwise pleasant occasion.
The back had to be pieced (I thought it was ready for me). This belongs to a friend. It sports the blocks that were meant for embroidery. Someone painted them for her instead. I am using a variegated peacock-colored thread on the colored fabrics and invisible on the white blocks.
My quilting skills are rusty. They are not that great anyway, so I decided to do a simple meander in the embroidered blocks. That was for two reasons. One is that I had no idea how the invisible thread would behave. Secondly, I could not come up with a pattern that wouldn't have looked dreadful.