Saturday, August 27, 2011

{Post #789} Green Candle Mat Piecing Finished



Duh!  After going through great lengths, I realized the corners I had to add to the cream squares in the center were the same size as half of one of the squares plus a 1/4".  At least I figured that out before I sew the red one.  This is 17-3/4" square as is.  I might hand quilt it with green thread.  Time will tell.

I am all sewn out tonight.  Spent some time with son #3, painted my new porch decorations, and solved an interpersonal relationship problem, so it's been a full day.

Just talked to my newly-married daughter and her deliriously happy husband.  His only problem apparently is his face hurts from smiling so much!  :)  Hee hee!!

~Joan

3 comments:

LuAnn said...

I love both of your candle mats. Those could be used for candles or under a centerpiece....and the green could be used for Christmas!

Angie said...

Love your candle mat!! And it is so sweet to hear that a newly married couple are deliriously happy... :D

Steve 'n Emily said...

Nice mat! I like the green. We'll not be so delirious once we settle down and aren't so crazy-busy :) Or maybe we'll always be happy!