Saturday, February 16, 2008

Yel-low There!

The title is supposed to be read like "hello, there". It's one of those silly things we started saying who knows when.




On a quilty note, the above fabric arrived in the mail today. It is going into my Mennonite Mosaic quilt. I was thinking about the joy of starting a new project that I am undoubtedly going to LOVE. As I thought about buying all the fabrics for it, my eyes kept wandering over to my fabric shelf. It is just to the right of the desk my laptop is on. I have about 100 bolts of Thimbleberries fabrics on it.



Before you think I really am an overachiever, remember that I sell fabric from my home online. Very small business. My husband likens me to a drug pusher. He says I just sell it to support my habit. And he is right!

In the interest and self-preservation of frugality (after all, money doesn't grow on trees!), I wondered if I could make the quilt with all Thimbleberries and still stay fairly close to the original quilt's colors. There is nothing like the quality of Thimbleberries. I have quilts I've washed many times that still look like new. Sorry--we interrupt this commercial moment to finish this post.

Well, I had 3 small hurdles to clear...light blue, pink (?), and light yellow. After sleeping on it for a few nights, I decided to buy just what I needed in those colors and use my stash (above) for the rest. That's in the interest of saving money and still making (another) one of my dream quilts. Stay tuned. As soon as the blue and pink arrive, I'll be cutting strips and on my way. Ladies, start your sewing machines!!

Waiting for the checkered flag to drop...

~Joan

3 comments:

Tazzie said...

It will be fun to see the quilt made up in Thimbleberries prints. I'll enjoy your progress.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

antique quilter said...

Wow what a collection of fabric you have there :)
LOL can't wait to see your progress....this will be fun to watch. the quilt will have such a warm feel to it I bet in these color tones.
Kathie

MARCIE said...

Oh boy, here we go again! Fasten your seat belts! I have been sewing today--creating. Now I changed my mind on the fabric and am starting over. See? That's why it takes me so long!