Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tiddly Winks, Part 2


Now my new quilt top is up to 49" x 63". I'm debating about following the original pattern from here on out. There is applique on all 4 sides in the original pattern. I like applique in small amounts, so that seems perfect. But this quilt is all plaids and looks very masculine to me. I don't think I'm going to put applique on it. The applique on the pattern is a star in the center of two flowers.

I also want to use up the plaids that are in this top. It just wouldn't do to leave any in the stash. I'm wondering what to do. I'll finish the hourglass blocks and extend the border out at least that much. I have some ideas (don't I always?). Your input is appreciated.

~Joan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might try just a couple tartan(plaid) stars on all four sides for your 'country star' young man in the family:) That would keep it from getting too busy.

antique quilter said...

I would like to see more plaids in the quilt no more of the lighter fabric!
can you just keep going with the pattern another round just plaids?
Kathie