Monday, February 11, 2008

Another NEW Quilt? What in the World??



I know, I know. Some of you think I'm making up the thing about having 8 children and a husband to care for, I really DON'T sleep (that was for you, Marcie!), and I don't cook or clean.

While I was making up kits to sell on eBay today, I cut plaid squares for this quilt to make for my family. An hour or sew before supper time, I decided to pick out a cream, gold, and black and sew a few blocks. Well, it went so fast that I finished the original quilt center. I'm going to at least double it to make it usable by my now extra-tall children. This center is 35-1/2" x 49-1/2". I'll double it before adding borders.

This would be so nice for a man or boy. All plaids give it a real country look.

Maybe I'll just sew a few more blocks before bedtime, hee hee. I used a different black and cream, but here's the quilt kit...



Have a good night...
~Joan

2 comments:

MARCIE said...

So, another all nighter for you, huh? I love plaids! Nice job! That kitty quilt is cute too. Do you have patterns that you pack in with the fabric or sale?

Kairle Oaks said...

How funny...I was just thinking about this pattern the other day. I have the fabrics, but not the time (right now). Gotta get back to those buzz saw blocks. :-) Can't wait to see how you finish this!