Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Yuletide Wreath Quilt ~ 2007


I'm trying not to get frustrated about my inability to upload new pictures. Hopefully that will be resolved in another day or two. In the meantime, I have plenty of quilty pictures to share with you. I'll stick with recent history.



This is a quilt I made for one of my best customers (she lives in California). She just got it yesterday. Nearly all the quilts I make are scrappy--they are just so fun to study! This is called Yuletide Wreath. The bow is 3-D...the knot is not sewn down on the sides. This is 42" square. I got really adventurous and quilted a large feather in the outer 3 borders. First time!



The aroma of freshly-baked Christmas cookies is filling the house. My oldest daughter (17) is baking several recipes for our annual Christmas cookies plates for neighbors and church family. Seeing as I've been dieting and have lost 15 pounds in the last 6 weeks, I have abstained except for one each of the peanut butter kiss cookies and a Reese's chunk cookie. My resistance is only so strong, you know!



I am noticing that the paragraphs I put into my posts are not showing up and it's one big blog blob. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? (watch--it will work this time...it's like, "Honey, the car is making a funny noise!")



~Joan, in cookie heaven

1 comment:

Nan said...

Kairle sent me to visit, and I'm sure glad she did! Your quilts are beautiful, and your clothespin angels are so sweet - I haven't seen them in a long, long time.
Welcome to blogland! It's a wonderful place to be!