Monday, December 3, 2007

Being Angelic

This is what I've been working on this afternoon...clothespin angels. I have made one for each of my living children. This year I finally made one for a daughter who was born in 2001 and only lived a few minutes. All of my other children's are red. Her angel is white. I have a sister with 8 children. She reminded me that I "owed" her 4 more ornaments. I also made some for my husband's sister's boys (she has 3). So I've been busy being angelic this afternoon (up in the air harping about something).
Have you joined Bonnie's mystery quilt, Carolina Crossroads? I have!! I have humble beginnings. I only have 8 or 9 blocks made so far. I used up ALL of my 1-1/2" strips on the quilt shown below. I actually cut yardage for strips. I've made many a quilt from that 1-1/2" strip bin. Time to cut up the stragglers and really uglies to get them out of the way. I agree with Bonnie...if it's still ugly, you just haven't cut it small enough. When our computer is able to download new pictures, I will show you my progress. I'm using various blacks for the center and a hodgepodge of scraps for the outer pieces. I'm eager to see how others' quilts are coming along.
I was so flattered to see my blog on Bonnie's daily reading list. It's like I'm partly famous!
Is anyone out there in the Carolinas?
~Joan

No comments: