Tuesday, July 16, 2013

{Post 1,203} Pumpkin Patch Needs Bound!

Got up fairly early this AM.  Did my grooming and reading.  Then I started machine quilting this beauty:



I used black thread for the center squares and border.  The thin side borders just have two straight lines quilted about 1/2" apart.  The center squares are cross hatched, every other row.  Close-up of quilting on and around pumpkins (done in "honey" colored thread):


Here is a view from the back of the feathers I quilted in each of the end borders:


After measuring the Shooting Star quilt top this AM, I decided I need to add one more row of blocks and a 10" black border all around.    *sigh*  I was so close to being finished!



3 comments:

Ruth said...

I love the way you quilted it - especially the pumpkins! You will have the star blocks done in no time!

Elaine Adair said...

Thanks for good description and reasoning behind your choices for quilting - excellent suggestions!

Janet O. said...

I love this cute Fall piece. Nice quilting job.