Saturday, February 9, 2008

Due North Flannel Top Finished!



This is a UFO I started a couple months ago and then stalled. It was from a kit that I bought on eBay. This is identical to the first top we pieced for a customer, so it has some sentimental value. It is all Thimbleberries flannel. It's like sewing colored clouds. I used a walking foot for all the piecing. It finishes at 58" x 82". I have the backing in the washer now. It matches the strips between the geese and the outer border. I only prewash flannels.

Lest you think I just sew all day (well, you're almost right)...all I had to do to finish this top was put on the navy inner border and large print outer border. When the backing is dry, I'll piece it and get it basted right away. That's my next sewing machine project.

I am trying to finish up some UFOs while only piecing on a leader/ender project. Here are two blocks from my next leader/ender...




The name of the quilt is "Plan B". I'll be posting later on the book from which the pattern comes. The squares are all 2". That's the size I cut most of my scraps down to. If they are not 2" wide, I cut them into 1-1/2" strips for my log cabin boxes. If they're smaller than that, I pitch them.

I'm feeling horrible (sore throat, body aches, etc.), so I'm heading upstairs for some hot soup and a nap. Yuck!


~Joan

3 comments:

waterbug said...

i wanted to get in on the drawing because i have made wooden quilt top boxes in the past and present date good luck on your quilts pops i just figured out or i guess you could say took the time to reply to your blog

Helen in the UK said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Love your leader/ender blocks - bet that will look fab :)

Richelle said...

You are so prolific! You must be so organized. Hope you feel better soon:)