Thursday, August 2, 2012

{Post 1,025} Scrappy Wreath Top Center

Here is my Scrappy Wreath top w/o the final single-fabric border.  It will have the same fabric for an outer border as the alternate blocks on the top.  This is the top that had the horrible circumstance.  Looks better now!  I ordered curtains that are red and camel/cream striped, so they will be good with most of my bed quilts.  I was thrilled to see that this top actually matches my bed skirt, so no making one of those any time soon.  I do have a plan (after searching in vain) for pillow shams.  I think I'll quilt some cream Thimbleberries and just make my own.  Like these, but all cream.  

I am hoping I have enough of the Christmas print to add a 12" border on all sides.  *crossing fingers*

Here it is:

I'm just weird like this, but I added another row of 3-1/2" green squares and 2" of red at the top.  I didn't want a big expanse of just border fabric, but didn't want to make another row of wreath blocks for a pillow tuck either.  Hence the need for pillow shams.  



Gypsy Quilter said...

Looking good!

Leeanne said...

Lovely. Pillow shams would look nice.