Wednesday, February 8, 2012

{Post #901} Red Zinger and Youngest Son


Last night I wondered what I could sew when I got my next opportunity.  I stitched this earbud holder for myself:






This AM I was hampered by a gnarly cut right at the corner of my thumb nail of my right hand.  It is deep...looks like the skin just cracked because it's so dry outside.  Anyway...I didn't exercise this AM because touching it makes me want to scream.  So I cut out some background blocks for the Red Zinger and sewed 4 more.  


I used some newer non-Thimbleberries fabrics, so I will need to spread the bright colors out a bit.  Some were from I Spy prints and others from Christmas ornaments I put together or my kids for this year.  One strip was from the owl fabric in the above picture.  


This is so fun to sew...very little brain power needed and it's like using up strings, but no need to turn the raw edge under.  Each block finishes at 10". 


Here are pics including my new blocks and a close-up showing the owl print selvage:






That sky/light blue really stands out, doesn't it?  Will definitely need to keep an eye on the placement of those blocks.


My youngest...just time to update a picture of the little nipper:






Ta ta for now...


~Joan

2 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Glad to see your sewing some. Try a dab of super glue on the cut to help facilitate healing.

Me and My Stitches said...

Love those blocks, but I refuse to give in to peer pressure again. I will NOT save selvages!!! Cute son!