Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hand Quilting


Here is my row quilt...I am hand quilting it. This is how much I have finished so far. I am starting on the next row. Below I am showing one block.

Here is a block from the next row. I have hand quilted it. To show you the difference the quilting makes, the second shot is a side-by-side of the quilted block and an unquilted one. The large yellow stitching is the basting stitches.



I am leaving the Grandmother's Flower Garden for a car project. I am eager to have it done, but am taking advantage of the time to hand quilt for the next couple days.
~Joan


2 comments:

julieQ said...

Your quilt is so beautiful, Joan!! Just my style, I really like it. Your hand quilting is really wonderful. I am answering you this way to your query about my blue and yellow quilt...it is from a pattern, but I have changed things around a little, just 'cause...have a super day!

MARCIE said...

Very nice! I just love that little tree all framed up! And such nice hand quilting too!