Tuesday, January 21, 2014

{Post 1,306} Ready to Renovate





Here are a couple views of the room we are renovating.  I have packed up all my sewing supplies and moved them to other locations for the time being.  The room is empty except for two trash cans.  My husband is starting to take down the dropped ceiling and its metal supports.  The fireplace is going to undergo a big change.  Stay tuned for that.

I sewed a quilt block together today!  My sister is mailing me the fabric for my new nephew-to-be's quilt.  I am having trouble getting good lighting in my bedroom for sewing.  I was spoiled in my former space (above) with those lovely fluorescent lights.  

We are replacing the sliding glass doors with a regular exterior door and adding a wall just to the left of the fireplace.  It will be hard to get pics once the wall is in place.  I hope my girl likes the new room!  It will be 15 feet square when finished.


2 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

Your daughter is very lucky to have such a nice space, but I sure feel for you having to lose your sewing room!

Teresa said...

How exciting! Looking forward to watching the progress.