Monday, September 22, 2008

Grocery Update

Today was a profitable one for our family here at home. We got down most of our fall decorations from the attic, got them in place, and put the ones that had been in their places up in the attic--amazing.

Elisabeth organized our upstairs pantry, food cabinets, dish cabinets, lazy Susan, and spice drawer. That's a lot of work. No matter how hard we try, things always tend to become disorganized after a while. But they look great TODAY.

We have two pantries. One is upstairs in the kitchen. We keep some of everything in there that we use on a regular basis. The other is downstairs. That's where we keep our stockpile. I'll take pictures of that some time. It is beautiful to behold.

We are so thankful to God for the grocery savings we have had this month in particular. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know we are serious couponers. The first month I started keeping track of our expenses for food, health and beauty items, medicines, toiletries, and consumables (paper supplies, detergents, etc.), we spent over $5 a person a day. Considering the prices of all those items, that was not hard to believe. I have to imagine that most people spend way more than that, especially if they eat out often.

I just calculated for this month so far. Our cost per person per day is right now $1.48. It has never been that low, and I praise God for that measure of success. Glory to His name!! I know some forget God in times of "wealth", but I am more thankful to Him than ever for a full freezer and pantries.

~Joan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God Joan!!

I know what you mean. Our stockpile has helped us through many a lean times and I give God all the Glory for it!