Thursday, February 21, 2008

Free Motion Quilting Design on Double Pinwheels


I've had several people ask me about the quilting design on the center of the Double Pinwheels Quilt. I drew it and took a picture. This is basically it.

There are many good books and DVDs on machine quilting available. I have read several. You have to find what works well for you. I am happy to answer any questions, but there are professionals out there to assist you.

For basic (and advanced)designs (not much about threads, hand positions, etc.) I highly recommend the Pajama Quilter Reloaded. It comes across like a home-made video. Not professionally recorded. But loaded with great designs and hints for spacing, etc.

~Joan

2 comments:

Libby said...

That looks like a great video . . . I really want to get out of my meandering rut *s*

Katie said...

Thanks for the pointer to the DVD!