Saturday, December 22, 2007

Candy Coated Blocks



Here are the blocks I made last night. There are only 2...so far. I'm debating about how to set them if I do indeed make a bunch. Do you see the ring of color around the center motif? A very easy and lovely pattern. Looks like it was really difficult, doesn't it? This was a free pattern from McCall's Quilting's web site years ago. It's amazing that I can hold onto a quilt pattern I want to make for YEARS, but can't remember where I left my shoes this morning!

We are going caroling again tonight, so there are many cookies to bake and foods to make for the fellowship time afterwards. We are also having a big lunch of baked ham, sweet potato casserole (hi, Kairle!), green beans, home made rolls, etc. I'm just waiting for my girls to vacate the hopefully clean kitchen so I can do the cooking I need to do personally.

My husband, our guest, and some of our older boys are going to have a paintball war this morning. Can't imagine that being fun, but then again, they don't enjoy sewing either.

~Joan

2 comments:

Diane said...

Very pretty blocks! I really like the ring of color around the center.

Kairle Oaks said...

I'm so glad that I finally dropped by again...it's been SO long, but today I have a little time to poke around the blogs I love!

I absolutely LOVE the CCC fabrics in the center of those blocks. I may have to "borrow" your idea. Not sure when I'll ever get around to it, but maybe someday! :-)

I had to chuckle about your post regarding your "toxic waste" bedroom. Will you please look for a box of Avery labels that I'm missing. I can't seem to find them here and I was wondering if maybe they got lost with your stuff. LOL! My guess is that they got stashed somewhere just before company arrived and they're lost tucked in with some decorations in the mud room. Of course, I need them NOW!