Wednesday, March 13, 2019

{Post 1,638} Random Fact


I did not sew at all today. So, to make your time on my blog worthwhile, I am sharing a random and little-known fact about myself. I do not use shampoo. I have not used shampoo for over ten years. Yet people (real-live strangers) stop me in stores to ask me what kind of shampoo I use (I threw that in so you would know I don’t go around looking like a greasy-headed-elderly-lady).

What do I do? I dissolve a teaspoon of baking soda in 8 ounces or so of warm water and stir it until the water is clear. In the meantime, I wet my hair thoroughly. I pour the baking soda-ed water over my hair, rub my scalp a tiny bit, wait a minute, then rinse until the water runs clear. The end.

I cringe when someone takes my picture. That’s why I had to go back so far to get a picture of myself. But here is the back of my head at my daughter’s wedding in August (2018). Nice, clean hair, huh??  Notice I’m with my man ;) My hair is barely past my shoulders in length, BTW.


2 comments:

momtofatdogs said...

I might need to try that! I never ever thought of you as a greasy-haired-elderly-lady!!! I chuckled at that one! did you use more than 1 teaspoon when your hair was long?

Thanks for the tip!
Sam

Lindah said...

Me, too. Very sensitive skin/scalp. Your hair looks great.