Monday, July 3, 2017

{Post 1,544} A Little More Piecing Finished

I started a Hand Me Downs quilt some time ago, just for fun. My son Ben has claimed it. I have 2 border sections on. I plan to finish the piecing and then machine quilt it tomorrow.

Here it is so far. It will be 90" square when finished.


Update:  I just added the other two side borders. Ready to start the machine quilting in the AM. I am home alone, so I can do whatever I like, and I would like to do all the machine quilting on this. Purchased a 108" wide backing this past week, so I am ready to go! There will be enough left over to bind it as well.

Here is a picture from last night. I got to keep my nearly-3-year-old grandson this past weekend. When we sit on the loveseat to watch TV, he usually wants to hold my hand. Let night he did so and said, "Grammy Jo, I need to hold your hand. And we need a quilt." Two sentences that never fail to warm my heart.


3 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt, even more beautiful grandson.

Teresa said...

That is so sweet. You can tell he feel safe and loved in your home.

sewyouquilt2 said...

awwww love it! he is a wise wise boy for sure