Monday, July 17, 2017

{Post 1,545} Side Trip

I had mailed my DIL a box containing a baby quilt for her 6-month-old and a few special things for her. When she called to thank me, I asked her "What's new?" She said she had broken her arm. My son is deployed overseas right now, and she is caring for the 6- and 22-month old children alone (think about giving baths, changing diapers, putting in car seats, etc. alone with one working arm). To make a long story short, I flew out 2 days later to spend a week with her. She had a check up and is mostly fine right now. Turns out the break was too small to see on an x-ray, and now she is splint and sling-free and does not have much pain at all.


It is a Pioneer Braid with red squares marching down the rows. All Thimbleberries fabrics. Before trimming and binding...


Here is one picture of my older grandson. He endlessly babbles. I know his clear words are coming!!


I started the Christmas ornaments for the 6/8 of my children who still want them. Here is a picture of the one I actually stitched to completion and a picture of the kit insert so you can see the rest of them.



I will be making some for my grandchildren as well. The same idea, but green or red felt for the background of the mitten and a complimentary color for the cuff.  I will have 6 grandchildren by Christmas this year, Lord willing.

Now to get my own house in order. Laundry, meals, weeds. They just never go away. Good thing I enjoy quilting/sewing projectsto keep me going.


3 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

How wonderful that you were able to help her. The ornaments are so cute. I can picture names and maybe the year on the red cuff.

Teresa said...

Cute ornaments. You have given me an idea of what to do for my grandchildren this year. I have 11 of them, and it gets really expensive sometimes getting things ready.

Ruth said...

That's what Mamas/Grandmas are for, isn't it? Cute oraments!