Sunday, June 4, 2017

{Post 1,543} Grandmother's Flower Garden Update

I have sewn a lot on this beauty the past couple of weeks. Here is what I have finished so far (the blocks on the left are partially pieced). Several need to be attached to the mother ship. The top measures about 60" x 77" right now. I want it large enough to cover the top of my queen-sized bed mattress with enough for a pillow tuck.


In the past few days, I also pieced and machine quilted this baby quilt for one of my AZ grandsons (hi, Samuel!). He was born about 6 weeks early, and I think my thoughts about making him a newborn/baby quilt were derailed at that point. I used the Pajama Quilter's Fern Ziggle pattern to quilt this. I love it.

All the pieces were cut (I had made a queen sized quilt and pillow shams from this same pattern years ago). The red squares were already sewn to the creams, so it was sit and sew. 

It measures about 55" square.


This will be labeled, bound, and washed, then mailed to AZ soon. I have enough of the red fabric for binding.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I don't know if you will get this comment as my other comments came back with a notice, but your GMF top is amazing! Love the "not baby looking" baby quilt too.

---"Love" said...

Your Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt is going to be gorgeous! It's not often today to see the diamond path. I have one made by my aunt; it has a green diamond path, and is lovely. Your braid quilt is really pretty too. ---"Love"