Friday, September 14, 2012

{Post 1,055} Rachel's Money Bag


My Rachel goes to a flea market on Fridays and Saturdays.  She has "meals on wheels", a large wire mesh garden wagon.   She loads it with food and drinks then walks around to sell to the other vendors.  She sells various types of muffins, brownies, ham biscuits, sausage biscuits, soft drinks, bottled water, coffee, hot chocolate, etc.  She has quite a rapport with the vendors, and they appreciate her service.  One small problem has been finding a way to handle her money (lots of small bills).  She thought of using a money clip--a metal thing to slide across her wad of bills.  We were discussing it while we stood in front of the teller at our bank.  The teller said, "why don't you just make her one?"  This is the result of my effort:




I used this tutorial for a starter idea and made it much smaller.  


I did use the iron-on interfacing.  I let her pick the fabrics, so I knew she would like them!  I boxed the bottom corners by only sewing 3/4" in from the point.  Not much, but enough to make it better than my original flat one (this is the second one I made...first failed!).

~Joan


1 comment:

momtofatdogs said...

Cute ! And useful. You don't seem, at all, surprised that the teller KNEW you could do it!

Sam