Tuesday, July 3, 2012

{Post 1,000} Bummer

Flying along merrily quilting some Wonky Feathers a la Pajama Quilter inspiration and suddenly, things did not seem right.  The machine was d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g along.  I suspected there were tension issues.  When I pulled the bobbin out, I noticed it was not tightly wound.  So I refilled it onto a new empty bobbin and proceeded.  Fixing the above was actually really fast and easy.  You know, just clip and rip that bottom thread that is completely straight then pull the loops up from the top.  

I have the binding sewn to the front.  Have two quilts in the dryer waiting for completion...I've gotten a lot of quilts finished lately!  Ready to start 5-6 more!  Just kidding.  I know you're worried about me.

Here is the front of the quilt.  It measures 43" square and is destined for a baby girl in our church who has yet to make an appearance.

I tried to get good shots of the machine quilting several times, but it just never panned out.  The texture is marvelous.  I used a variegated purple/periwinkle/blue thread, and it is so silky smooth!  Another baby quilt NEARLY off my list.


No comments: