Monday, April 30, 2012

{Post #961} Fair and Square on New Design Wall

Here are the 30 center blocks, corner triangles, setting triangles, and one strip of the outer border for my Fair & Square quilt.  The top left corner has 3 rows actually sewn together.

It is hard to detect in the picture, but I have a second design wall on the left side.  The "old" one is on the right.  The new one is taller.  My husband cut down and screwed the insulation board to the particle board this past weekend.  This AM I stapled the tablecloth onto it.  Again, pics don't tell all.  The above blocks cover a huge area.  Scale is hard to determine in pictures.  Looking forward to finishing the piecing on this one.

Truth be told...I've started 3 other shirt quilts.  I am in the process of cutting the shirts apart.  I would rather only handle them once.  So as I cut off the collars, sleeves, cuffs, and yokes, I deposited the pieces I cut out into 2-1/2" x 16" for a scrappy bargello, 2-1/2" x 10" for Rectangle Wrangle, bricks and squares for Hand Me Down blocks, and the smallest strange-sized pieces into an old plastic spinach box for a spiderweb shirt quilt.  I have a few blocks of each one made (just to see what they would look like, of course).

To my surprise, I came across a stack of 9" wide x WOF woven plaids.  I THINK I might have gotten them from my sister in this purchase.  Anywho...I cut them up.  My I cut the shirt parts down, if a strip was 2-1/2" wide, I cut it into 16" if it was long enough, and 10" if it was long enough.  The Hand Me Down blocks take sets of 4 or 8, so I had to see if there was enough for those.  The string box quickly filled up.  Pics of the spiderweb string later.


1 comment:

Leeanne said...

Loving it! Busy lady.