Monday, February 27, 2012

{Post #920} Bow Ties So Far


I rec'd a lovely package from Julie this afternoon.  We swapped some bow tie pieces.  I was hoping I'd get to sew them soon, so I just went ahead and sewed them tonight.


Here are the little 2-piece units in a smile shape:




They are happy to be living at my house.  Here are the units from the above pic sewn to a colored square and in line to be ironed:




Here are the units pressed open...nearly finished--just one more seam:




Here's all my Julie blocks:




I wonder if they'll play nicely with the ones from my stash?  Well, let's see, shall we?  These are all the unconnected blocks.




Well, I might as well throw the ones sewn into 4-block units up there, too:




That's all I have cut so far.  181 blocks in all.  That looks (and sounds) like a LOT, but it's only 39" x 48" at the widest points.


Here are two blocks I was worried about playing nicely with my other ones.  See if you can find them in the above picture:





Tomorrow night is our second "Sit 'n Knit" at our house.  I already know two ladies cannot come, but one of my Y friends will be coming!  I am sure the group will vary weekly, and I am eagerly anticipating it weekly! 


Other wonderful news:  I sold my Little Gracie frame yesterday, and the new owner already took it away!


~Joan

2 comments:

Leeanne said...

Loving this! You could call it your "JJ" quilt!

Mad about Craft said...

Absolutely love the bow ties, my current favourite block!