Monday, February 14, 2011

What Did You Have for Breakfast?



(not my picture...from allrecipes.com)

I made strawberry crepes and Rise and Shine Breakfast Casserole for my family for breakfast.

The crepes were smeared with a thin line of Nutella, then I put (formerly) frozen sliced strawberries down the center and rolled them up.  Garnished them with 3-4 whipped cream stars and a little juice from the strawberries.  One per person was plenty (they were very rich and sweet).

To counter the sweetness, I made this casserole.  It would have served 8-10.  Six of us ate about 3/4 of it.

Rise and Shine Casserole

1 can refrigerated crescent rolls (8 rolls)
1 pound pork sausage
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 eggs
3/4 cup milk

Line an ungreased 9 x 13 pan with the crescent rolls (put two rectangles of rolls in the length of the pan, then repeat, and press seams together so you have one solid piece of roll).  Brown and drain sausage...distribute in pan evenly.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Mix eggs and milk in a bowl and spoon over pan.  Put it on thinly as there is not a lot!!

Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.

This was the first time we had this.  It would be good with grits on the side and a fruit salad.  Everyone thought it was very tasty.

My husband surprised me with some gifts last night and today.  He will never cease to amaze me!  I'd take a picture, but I cannot find my camera card. 

1 comment:

MARCIE said...

I had Frosted Mini Wheats. Ha! What a good mom you are to treat your family so well! Happy Valentines Day Joan!