Saturday, October 30, 2010

Steps and Stars on Deck Today

I plan to start machine quilting on this quilt top today. I've had a productive last few days. Today it's just my husband and 3 youngest boys home. I will have to make a couple meals, do a little more room clean up (Susanna will be expecting great things when she gets home tomorrow), and a little more putsy-ing around (it's been a long time since I've heard someone say "putsy")...

As I searched for an inexpensive place to buy the new Pajama Quilter DVD (and didn't find one!), I came across Dawn's gallery. I am going to do dwirling on this top just because I've wanted to try it, and it looks so cool on this quilt.

Off to the races, and thankful for the energy to get things done today. I pieced a backing for the Steps and Stars last night. Had to make the backing 4" wider than it would have been just using width of fabric pieces, so I used some more 4-patches from the "where did these come from" drawer.

~Joan

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I have been trying to machine quilt my own quilts and have just recently come across the Pajama Quilter (from Elaineadairquilts.blogspot.com). Elaine's blog has inspired me a lot. Have you ever seen her blog? She has emailed me with lots of good suggestions. However, the only pattern I have been able to feel confident with (besides loop the loop and stippling) is something like a teardrop that you outline a few times and then move on to the next. Your quilting is also inspiring me to do more free motion quilting. Let me know if you ever find cheaper DVDs of the Pajama Quilter or Patsy Thompson. I am now retired and trying to keep costs down. Thanks for showing your quilting and for the great ideas!