Thursday, February 28, 2008

Potential Pay It Forward Gift


This is a little bit of a new project I started today. I will be participating in the Pay It Forward deal after I receive a gift from Tazzie. Most of you have probably heard of the program. You receive a gift from someone, and then you "gift" 3 other people who have promised to "gift" 3 others...

This is the beginning of a runner called "Sassy Blooms". There are 3 blooms in the runner. The colors are purples, reds, greens, and a gold print for the bloom centers and squares around the outside.

It's in the Spring 2008 issue of Fons & Porter's Easy Quilts. Easy, but I didn't spend much time on it...yet.

I found a neat place in our little downtown today. I stopped at the Bernina store for some Mettler quilting thread (this is the infamous store that I posted about earlier when I found THE magazine). As I was leaving, I thought I should stay out for health reasons. I got my hair cut moments before, and my husband was likely to have a heart attack when he saw how short it is. I was cutting through an alley in my little 5-speed when I saw a sign that said "Alley Quilts". So I zipped over the the curb and parked.

This business is ME. They piece and quilt customer's quilts, kits, etc. I wanted to ask so badly how much they charge. Instead I just eyeballed the many samples they had on the walls. They have a longarm machine that 2 of the 3 ladies that work there use. Ahhhh...did I have to leave? One invited me to their guild meeting tonight.

Marcie tagged me to share 7 weird or random things about myself a while ago, and I've been ignoring it. I don't think *I'm* weird at all! OK--one weird thing about me is that I am a loner. I don't even want to go to the guild meeting mentioned above. I don't belong to a mother's morning out, home school support group, or anything like that. I'm quite content being alone. I do enjoy being with people, but I'd rather be alone. Maybe because we have 10 people in our house, and being alone is a treat??

Last night I asked my family to tell me 7 weird things about me. You understand that to ME they are not weird, but entirely normal, because they are ME. One daughter said, "Only 7?" My DH said to share that although we nearly always eat home-cooked meals made from scratch, I have only recently (after nearly 20 years of marriage and a bazillion home-cooked meals) found a recipe worth buying an onion for, and I have made it 3 times in the last year. So the onion farmers of America would be in dire straits if depending on my onion consumption. I'll share others as I think of them, but truly, they are not weird things.

Off to sew a few more strips for the Sassy Blooms. Be ready to jump in there when I ask for recipients!

~Joan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol, I never cook with onions either. Hate cutting them and hate their texture.

That is a cute runner. Hope you feel better.