Tuesday, May 25, 2021

{Post 1,750} Wedding Quilt Started

 

My oldest nephew is getting married in August. I reached out to his fiancée (whom I have never met in person) to see if she wanted a quilt. It’s better to ask! Within about 10 minutes, she had decided on colors, size, and pattern. That was unparalleled. So I got started right away.

Here is a picture from the pattern I’m making. It’s Round and Round. It finishes at 68” x 72”—just what she wanted.


Here’s my progress. I was able to cut all 56 five-inch squares from shirts in a very short time. I spent this past weekend with my MIL (pics to follow). Here are a couple pictures from the piecing process. The blocks are 23” square, but there are only 7 of them! She wanted to help with construction, so she cut the HSTs apart and ironed them open. I did all the stitching. We made a good team. By the time I left for home, we had all of the sets of 4 matching HSTs pinned together and ready for piecing. These were cut from men’s shirts with cream muslin for the background.




My MIL lives in a lakeside cabin. Although we spent very little time outside, the view was so relaxing and serene.




The living room...



A picture of the sunset. Beyond the trees is the lake (notice the docks on both sides of the picture).











 


3 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow what a beautiful setting. I love the quilt. Have to be very careful to not get a HST turned wrong. Is there a name for this pattern. You may have said and I was so busy looking at pictures I missed it. The shirt fabric looks great, did you have those on hand.

Ruth said...

I could say "ditto" to Teresa's comment! I have that block saved in my Pinterest site. I love it! Maybe I will try it sometime. It looks very elegant!

Rose said...

Beautiful quilt, love the pattern! I’ve recently found your blog, thankfully. I also see that you like to make shirt quilts. I’m on my second one and am definitely hooked.