Monday, September 30, 2019

{Post 1,690} Hoping the Temperature Will FALL


We have finished phase 3 of the foyer/living room switcheroo. I put up all my fall decor tonight (except for a missing quilt) in hopes that the climate would take the hint, and the temperature would fall as well.

Phase one was relocating the quilt hanging rod to the opposite wall in the living room.


Phase two was completing the new table top for the console table, seen here, now decorated for fall.


Phase three was removing the coat hooks from the foyer coatrack/shelf, adding a carved rope piece to hide the screw holes, then painting the whole thing “Turkish Coffee” brown, which obviously is in the same color family as our leather couch.  Voila’!! Here’s a before, just for fun, with the shelf resting ON the couch...


Here is the after:


Last, but not least, is the table one faces when they come in the front door...


Phase four is building then hanging a new coat rack in the foyer.


4 comments:

blj said...

Joan, it looks very nice. I like what you've done with the entire space. Hoping to do a bit of that kind of thing when I retire and have a little more time. We need to get together for a cup of tea soon.

momtofatdogs said...

It all looks so beautiful & festive! I believe you have inspired me to put out my Fall decorations as well!

Sam

Maggie Ann said...

Everything is beautiful! How pleased you must be, Your fall decorations are so nice...and the entry decorations are so welcoming, The new tabletop looks great. I like it all =)

Ruth said...

I love your fall decor!! BTW, I remember seeing a post about your hair - washing it with baking soda. I did that today and was wondering what your "recipe" is and do you rinse with vinegar? I saw several different "recipes" on line - none of them were too different, but I want to do it the easy way.